Re: Fonts for xvile in linux - where to find some nice ones?

From: Steven Lembark
Subject: Re: Fonts for xvile in linux - where to find some nice ones?
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 15:36:26 -0500

> Yes, I have all of those, I was just hoping/wondering if anyone has
> created different/better bitmap fonts.  They're OK[ish] on my desktop
> machine but I can't find anything that is really comfortable to use on
> my laptop.

New Century Schoolbook is good for proportional.
As a programmer I usually prefer fixed width.

Sony-Fixed is readable & portable.

Main issue is whether you have a high-res unit. Those usually
require TrueType fonts rather than X11 bit-mapped to be readable.

--
Steven Lembark                                      5725 Aylesboro Ave
Workhorse Computing                                Pittsburgh PA 15217