Re: paste-from-clipboard vs register ;

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: Re: paste-from-clipboard vs register ;
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 23:14:57 +0000

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 08:27:19PM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 15:45:42 +0000
> Wayne Cuddy <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Using the latest xvile but I don't believe the version makes a
> > difference.
> >
> > I know there is data in the clipboard.
> >
> > If issue :paste-from-clibpard it works as expected.
> >
> > Per the help doc.
> >
> >    The register name '.' contains the current selected text in xvile. Also
> > in
> >    xvile, the register name ';' is a synonym for the clipboard. Other
> >    versions of vile permit use of '.' and ';' as supplemental register
> >    storage.
> >
> > However when data is in the clipboard and I do ";p I receive 'nothing
> > in register ;]'.
> >

> Right, '.'works but ';' does not.  So, it's either a bug in xvile or
> in the help doc.
>
> --
> Gary Jennejohn

'.' does not work either for me. I have something in the clipboard,
start xvile and attempt to paste from register '.' I receive a similar
message as for ';'.

[Nothing in register .]

Where as :paste-from-clipboard does work.

Thank you for the response. It's not an issue for me since creating a
binding, or using the defaults, for clipboard yank/put works fine.
Maybe a good time to update the documentation at some point.

Regards,
Wayne