Re: [vile] bug/change with editing multiple files

From: hymie
Subject: Re: [vile] bug/change with editing multiple files
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 11:09:23 -0500

Weird.

Marc Simpson writes:
>I can't reproduce in 9.8q either. Setup,
>
>  ~/tmp/v $ touch a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j
>  ~/tmp/v $ ls
>  a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j
>  ~/tmp/v $ vi *
>
>`:e e' followed by `:n' takes me to buffer `b' (since `a' has already
>been visited), not `f'.
>
>Successive `:n's cycle through b, c, d, f, g, h, i, j, a, e, b (as expected).

After 'j', I don't go back to 'a'.  I get "No more files to edit" until
I ":rewind"

So it's probably something in my .vilerc?  Hmm...

I have "set noautobuffer" .  And now I see this:

   :n
           Go to the next buffer. "Next" means "least recently used" in
           autobuffer mode. In noautobuffer mode, "next" means next in
           numeric sequence. (The ":n file ..." version of the command is not
           supported.)

   :rewind
           Go to the first buffer. This is used only in 'noautobuffer'
           (vi-style buffering) mode. It does nothing in "autobuffer" mode.
           Remember that "autobuffer" mode is the default.

I think that is my problem.  I took out "set noautobuffer" and it does
what I want.  So I don't remember when or why I decided to
set noautobuffer, and I don't know if autobuffer/noautobuffer mode
may have changed recently, but I guess I don't want it any more.

Thanks for the help.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden