Re: [vile] bug/change with editing multiple files

From: Marc Simpson
Subject: Re: [vile] bug/change with editing multiple files
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 08:02:11 -0800

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 7:46 AM, Chris Green <address@hidden> wrote:
>> vi *
>>
>> (You are editing file a)
>>
>> Immediately use
>>
>> :e e
>>
>> to edit file e, and then use :n.  You will go to files f, g, h, i, and j.
>> In this instance, where the first thing you do is :e , you lose :n access
>> to the files you skipped over.
>>
> I don't see your symptoms in version 9.8p, it always reverts to the
> original sequence of files whether I do ':e e' at the beginning or
> some of the way through.

I can't reproduce in 9.8q either. Setup,

  ~/tmp/v $ touch a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j
  ~/tmp/v $ ls
  a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j
  ~/tmp/v $ vi *

`:e e' followed by `:n' takes me to buffer `b' (since `a' has already
been visited), not `f'.

Successive `:n's cycle through b, c, d, f, g, h, i, j, a, e, b (as expected).