Re: [vile] Minor adjustments to scheme filtering

From: Brendan MacDonell
Subject: Re: [vile] Minor adjustments to scheme filtering
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:55:55 -0300

Well, as it stands now, I've been sitting on a patch to fix some small
corner cases for the quote highlighting for just over two months. It's
unfortunately a bit of an ugly hack, but it does manage to correctly
handle the odder combinations of literal-/macro-based quotes and
chained literals at the price of a global variable to track the quoted
state of the next token. Any suggestions for how to go about fixing
this without quadratically bloating the number of pattern permutations
are of course appreciated, but I have my doubts as to whether an
elegant solution to this problem exists.

In any case, the attached short patch against vile-9.7o provides the following:
* A fix/hack to properly handle combinations of quotation literals.
* Highlighting of the unquote/unquote-splicing keywords.
* Proper handling of the optional scheme parentheses extension ('[' and ']').

Brendan MacDonell