Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters

From: Jānis Rūcis
Subject: Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:19:04 +0300

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 08:28:49PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> I put an update in
>
>       ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/vile-9.7c5.patch.gz
>
> which has (I think...) a fix for the quoting.  If that looks good, I'll
> put out 9.7d probably Sunday evening (Friday-night patches usually have
> something amiss).

It works with the example I sent earlier, but the problem still shows
up when passing quoted values to a macro interactively:  answering
'reply' to :write-first-param still prints reply' with no leading
quote.  I've discovered that this can be worked around somewhat by
using &query, so here's a macro that would print 'reply' as expected:

    store-procedure write-reply
        write-message &query 'String: '
    ~endm