Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:50:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, J?~Anis R??cis wrote:

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 08:28:49PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
I put an update in

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/vile-9.7c5.patch.gz

which has (I think...) a fix for the quoting.  If that looks good, I'll
put out 9.7d probably Sunday evening (Friday-night patches usually have
something amiss).

It works with the example I sent earlier, but the problem still shows
up when passing quoted values to a macro interactively:  answering
'reply' to :write-first-param still prints reply' with no leading

Is that in the case where a macro is prompting for parameters (when
they are not in the macro call)?   I may be able to improve that.

quote.  I've discovered that this can be worked around somewhat by
using &query, so here's a macro that would print 'reply' as expected:

   store-procedure write-reply
       write-message &query 'String: '
   ~endm