Re: [vile] vile-pager

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-pager
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:58:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

Hi!

I wanted to install vile-pager as an alternative for view.
However, it doesn't seem to work very well anymore.
It uses vile-manfilt, which is not available anymore so it seems.

vile-manfilt is normally installed in $prefix/lib/vile/, e.g.,
/usr/local/lib/vile/vile-manfilt

Also, it seems that it can be revised to be much more simple
considering the current capabilites of vile?

I'm not sure - since vile-manfilt is always a separate executable,
I hadn't considered using filters.rc to simplify the script.

I think you only need to set view and uses filters.rc?

But something has to tell vile to use vile-manfilt to process the
file.

Looking at it now, I see that the script would interfere with your own setting of $buffer-hook; it's possible that we could devise some scheme where the setting could be put onto a stack, and then rather than resetting it at the end of the macro, could pop the stack. (A user variable could do that, without a stack).

Any ideas?

Paul

--
PhD Student @ Eindhoven                     | email: address@hidden