uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] did I tell you?

From: Vasilakes, Keith
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] did I tell you?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:29:52 -0500

My pleasure Axel,
Feel free to use anything I said, I have told you anything proprietary.
I'd rather you didn't use our company name ( if you even know it ) :)

As far as improvements I think I have told you everything already, mostly being
able to adjust the clock to get 115200 baud

The only other thing that comes to mind is sleeping. Sleeping is always
problematic and knowing if sleep actually worked is difficult.
I don't know how to improve it though, maybe just dead simple examples?

The best part of Uricoli is its simplicity and obviousness.

Here's another quote for your blog;
The original Bitcloud development took 2 developers 2 years and resulted in a
network capable of 30 sensors sending data every 30 seconds.
It would never be able to exceed that level with any amount of development

With uricoli 1 developer implemented a system capable of 130+ devices in 1
month.

Yes the uricoli solution does not do association or multiple hops or routing,
but in large systems that will limit your network size severely.
Making large networks requires an absolute minimum of traffic and constrained
retries. Too much of either will fill all available bandwidth.