Re: tramp (2.2.6-pre); ssh hangs after password prompt

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.6-pre); ssh hangs after password prompt
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 20:29:04 +0200

Philipp Haselwarter <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Philipp,

> When I try to open a file over ssh with
> C-x C-f /ssh:localhost: RET
> I get a query to provide the password for ~/.authinfo.gpg (which does
> not contain the required password) and then tramp's prompt:
>
> Password for /ssh:localhost:
>
> I enter my password, hit RET and nothing happens for a while. After some
> time the prompt changes into
>
> Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell
>
> After that nothing happens anymore until I hit C-g. The backtrace is
> attached as *Backtrace*.

The trace doesn't show more than your password was sent, and Tramp is
waiting for the prompt. Forever.

Could you, please, rerun your test with tramp-verbose set to 10? This
shall show us the connection buffer, for which Tramp is waiting for the
prompt to appear.

My crystal ball tells me there are unexpected escape sequences, or
something like this. Did it work in the past, with the same remote host
but an older Tramp version?