Tramp development (was: Trying to debug remote gdb issue)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Tramp development (was: Trying to debug remote gdb issue)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:13:51 +0200

"Abhijeet More" <address@hidden> writes:

> On a side note - I would like to get involved in tramp development -
> are there any small tasks / bugfixes that you can think of - that
> would help me get a good grip on the source code ?

Help is always welcome! A first check could be the todo notes in the
Tramp files. Additionally, you might have an idea for one or two pet
fetures you miss in Tramp - try it (that was the way I've entered Tramp
development).

However, if you intend to provide contributions to Tramp, we would need
to do the legal part first: papers from the FSF for Tramp (and Emacs)
need to be signed before submitting non-trivial patches.