Re: Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:48:02 +0200

Gilbert Grosdidier <address@hidden> writes:

> - major problem is: when trying to "save" a file towards the remote host, it
> always take several 10's of sec. with the message
> "Waiting for remote host to process data" displayed in the minibuffer.

What's the value of tramp-chunksize after you do that?

Does the time depend on the file size, or is it (more or less) the
same for all files?  (If a twice-as-large file also takes twice as
long, we can hypothesize that the problem could be the transfer of
the file contents; otherwise we need to look somewhere else.)

Tramp is not /that/ slow for me.

It takes a while to open a connection, but presumably the connection
is already open when you are saving...
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.