Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34

From: Gilbert Grosdidier
Subject: Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:52:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kai,

 I got 2 questions about tramp 2.0.34 within Xemacs, because of some weird
behaviors:

- first of all, I am using it in ssh mode, with an ssh-agent setup before
starting the Xemacs session (the process connecting the remote host is:
/usr/bin/ssh tb10 -l myusername -e none)

- major problem is: when trying to "save" a file towards the remote host, it
always take several 10's of sec. with the message
"Waiting for remote host to process data" displayed in the minibuffer.

In addition, from time to time (probably when delay is exhausted,
or because the savebuffer is full), Xemacs happens to achieve an intermediate
"save" as well, which also results in several 10's sec. of waiting time, with a
similar message (not exactly the same however: "Sending data to host", may be).

 Is this usual ? How to improve this ? Is this already fixed in a further
version ? If not, how to decrease this waiting time to a more acceptable value
(some seconds only) ?

- minor (?) problem: when opening some file for which a recovery buffer (with
filename like "#somename#") in the target buffer, the file is NOT opened and the
minibuffer displays some "wrong ..." message. Everything is however back to
normal if I remove in some way the culprit file: #somename#, and I open
the file successfully.

 What's up here as well ?

 Thanks in advance for your help,                          Gilbert.

--
  Gilbert Grosdidier                 address@hidden