tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 21:11:52 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 08:12:42PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Am Tue, 6 Jan 2015 19:56:44 +0100
> schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden>:
>

> > > Wrt to the wiki I had done some experiments with the github one some
> > > time ago and I only remember that I was not very impressed. But I
> > > can not remember any more why exactly. Easiest way would be to make
> > > a own test repo on github and experiment with the wiki for that
> > > repo.
> > >
> > > We can link to that wiki anytime later from the static pages (and
> > > even switching to a different one should be easy).
> >
> > Why does it need any non-static page for a wiki? We're using some
> > Mediawiki at our company, that's also contains static pages - which
> > formatted by a simple markup language. It's more, than enough...

> Sorry if I choose the wrong words. I do mean 'static page' in another
> context. These are pages which can only be modified by someone having
> access to the github repo - that is different than a normal wiki where
> every user (maybe after registration) can add content.

ah, yes, thanks - that's clear now.

But I think the (new) situation above is also could be enough for
us - I don't see the real different between "having access to the
github repo" vs "after registration". Okay, for github, there some
git knowledge required... But any other reason?

Thanks,

73,
Ervin
HA2OS