tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf install locally issues

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf install locally issues
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 22:51:03 -0500

On 12/06/2014 10:11 PM, Jim Bruce wrote:
I am trying to run the install using the script patL sent that worked
previously on my prior computer (Xubuntu 12.04) and on this computer
(xubuntu 14.04) I am getting errors. Not sure why it is unable to
resolve host name as it is in the networking files but  am  not sure
this is stopping the install. I renamed the script from
tlf-install.local.sh as I googled and found that pushd and popd are
bash commands and not other shell commands. Results for both are
below.

Well what shell are you using other than bash, which is the default.

#Create your local programs directory and add it to your path echo
'export PATH=$HOME/local/bin:$PATH' >> ~/.bashrc source ~/.bashrc
mkdir ~/local

#for local hamlib #echo 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/local/lib' >>
~/.bashrc #source ~/.bashrc

Unless you created /.bashrc its now called /.profile.

Why not just use the install instructions that are in the tarball ?

To me you are making it far more involved that it needs to be.

Ed W3NR