tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] FOC Marathon support

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] FOC Marathon support
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 21:47:33 +0100

Hi Martin,

Am Tue, 07 Jan 2014 10:06:49 +0100
schrieb Martin Kratoska <address@hidden>:

> Hi Tom,
>
> the Marathon rules can't be found because it is in the Members Only
> section of the official FOC site. There are tick sheets, the first
> page contains the rules in rather cryptic form. Also, the PDF is of
> poor quality, my apologies. Anyway you can rely on the rules as I
> described below.

thanks for clarification. I feared that is was in the internal section
only.

So let me ask some more details for clarification:

- Do we have a list of the special exception stations (or are it all
  stations ending in FOC?)

- Do the special stations also double the points for new dxcc and
  country?

- Do we need to count the points for each station separately
  or is it enough to have the total score?

- What format is needed for the contest log? Is cabrillo enough or do
  you need some special report?

> Many thanks for your response. I know that this contest is/should be
> marginal (because it is a members only event) but I know that a linux
> program supporting this event would be a matter of interest of some
> other 10 members (BTW who are very known, famous calls like AA3B
> etc.). I am pretty sure that support of this contest will open door
> to a wide and very popular group of club contests.

You are right. That was also my thinking when I read your mail. Let us
try if we can do it in time.

> which is also open to non members
> http://www.cwops.org/cwopen.html
> It has also its own species (ie. is "trifilod" - 3 separate periods)
> and the support will be more than welcome. Within CWops is A LOT of
> hams interested.

Just reading the rules the main problem seems to count the calls as
multipliers.

The three sessions can be done as three single contests, but have to
be counted together by hand.

73, de Tom DL1JBE