tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:40:38 +0100

Hello Thomas,

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 02:21:56PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Am Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:09:21 +0100
> schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
>
> > Hello Thomas, hello Nate,
> >
> > a few days ago I sent a patch to Nate (through this list) for
> > hamlib, to fix this bug in case of Kenwood rigs. May be he will
> > merge...
> >
> > But I think the original problem will not solved with this,
> > namely I would like to keep untouched my filter state, when I
> > switch band/VFO. You _must_ to pass an explicit value to
> > rig_set_mode() as 4th argument, which is the filter width value.
> > That mean if you call that function, that set the state of
> > filter - except if you pass that value what actually set up.
> >
> Right, thats what I am trying to say with my last mail. The main
> problem is to retrieve the actual bandwidth setting.
>
> You can call rig_get_mode() but that gives you only the bandwidth for
> the actual mode. If that is SSB and not CW you have to switch to CW.
> But to do that you must set a new bandwidth.

no. rig_get_mode() gives the mode and bandwidth.

http://hamlib.sourceforge.net/manuals/1.2.15/group__rig.html#ga1281f19b50f2401fbfd69e7ddc561aa0

May be that's what I missed in my patch, but if you think we
should follow this way, and we should introduce a new config
option (eg. FOLLOW_BANDWITH), I would modify that patch to handle
the mode and the bandwith.

> The only possible way is to handle it similar to the frequency
> handling. That would mean, that tlf has to remember the last bandwidth
> setting before mode or band changed and then recall that value. For
> first startup we still have to rely on some default value.

As I remember that was what I implements. But as I wrote, just
think about that, and I will modify my patch.

73,

Ervin
HA2OS

--