tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:21:56 +0100

Am Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:09:21 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:

> Hello Thomas, hello Nate,
>
> a few days ago I sent a patch to Nate (through this list) for
> hamlib, to fix this bug in case of Kenwood rigs. May be he will
> merge...
>
> But I think the original problem will not solved with this,
> namely I would like to keep untouched my filter state, when I
> switch band/VFO. You _must_ to pass an explicit value to
> rig_set_mode() as 4th argument, which is the filter width value.
> That mean if you call that function, that set the state of
> filter - except if you pass that value what actually set up.

Right, thats what I am trying to say with my last mail. The main
problem is to retrieve the actual bandwidth setting.

You can call rig_get_mode() but that gives you only the bandwidth for
the actual mode. If that is SSB and not CW you have to switch to CW.
But to do that you must set a new bandwidth.

The only possible way is to handle it similar to the frequency
handling. That would mean, that tlf has to remember the last bandwidth
setting before mode or band changed and then recall that value. For
first startup we still have to rely on some default value.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea