tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] RTTY Contest

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] RTTY Contest
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 07:19:26 -0500

On 01/04/2014 06:18 AM, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
Hi Ed,

thanks for your help, just a question: in the rules I found all
digital modes allowed, not just the RTTY.

"1. Objective: Amateurs worldwide contact and exchange QSO information
with other amateurs using digital modes (Baudot RTTY, ASCII,
AMTOR, PSK31 and Packet—attended operation only)"

I think the most contest logging software logs only the QSO has
maded in digital modes, not save the accurate mode. When Tlf
exports the log to Cabrillo format ("6.3. All logs that are
created electronically are required to submit their electronic
log file in Cabrillo file format."), it changes the "DIGI" mode
to "RY".

This is correct and the change to RY is part of the Cabrillo format.

Is it enough for a valid log, or the contester needs to log the
exact mode of QSO?

All digital contests are changed to RY in the Cabrillo. So there is no need to try and log whatever digital mode used.

Ed W3NR

Thanks,

73:

Ervin