tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] RTTY Contest

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] RTTY Contest
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:18:03 +0100

Hi Ed,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 10:54:15AM -0500, Ed wrote:
> This weekend is the ARRL RTTY Roundup. This is one of the more
> popular RTTY contests. Details are here::
>
>  http://www.arrl.org/rtty-roundup
>
> I have written 2 rules files, one for w/ve and the other for DX.
> Also have a working logcfg.dat and the needed mults file.
>
> I tested locally and all seems to be OK.
>
> You will need to have fldigi installed and working::
>
>  http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/index.htm

thanks for your help, just a question: in the rules I found all
digital modes allowed, not just the RTTY.

"1. Objective: Amateurs worldwide contact and exchange QSO information
with other amateurs using digital modes (Baudot RTTY, ASCII,
AMTOR, PSK31 and Packet—attended operation only)"

I think the most contest logging software logs only the QSO has
maded in digital modes, not save the accurate mode. When Tlf
exports the log to Cabrillo format ("6.3. All logs that are
created electronically are required to submit their electronic
log file in Cabrillo file format."), it changes the "DIGI" mode
to "RY".

Is it enough for a valid log, or the contester needs to log the
exact mode of QSO?

Thanks,

73:

Ervin