tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Fw: Few modifications in Tlf core - scoring

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Fw: Few modifications in Tlf core - scoring
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 17:08:22 +0100

Hello Thomas,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 04:58:25PM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 01:48:59PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
>
> > I would suggest a different solution to the problem you had with the
> > contest rules, which  may lead us to a somewhat simpler scoring logic.
> >
> > We have a second set of keywords to define the scoring:
> > MY_COUNTRY_POINTS, MY_CONTINENT_POINTS and DX_POINTS.
> >
> > They work very well together with the COUNTRY_LIST scoring.
>
> presently? When I've tried them, they didn't works with together.
[...]

I'm really sorry, I just re-interpreted your lines, and
understand those completely :). So, I've tested it, and that
really works - sorry again.

> > We can
> > modify parse_config() so that the keyword TWO_POINTS simply sets the
> > above mentioned variables to 2 and drop the 'two_point' handling
> > completely from the score() function. Same goes for ONE_POINT and
> > THREE_POINT.
> >
> > I will prepare a patch for testing.
> >
> > What do you think?

Neverthless, could you clarify your solution for me? :)

I'm afraid with that solution we will close the further options,
what we don't know currently...

Sorry again,

73,

Ervin