tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Fw: Few modifications in Tlf core - scoring

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Fw: Few modifications in Tlf core - scoring
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 13:48:59 +0100

Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Datum: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 13:48:22 +0100
Von: Thomas Beierlein <address@hidden>
An: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>
Betreff: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core - scoring

Hello Ervin and others,

a Happy new year to all of you!

Let us discuss a little bit further your auggestions - these time the
scoring problem:

Am Mon, 30 Dec 2013 20:58:54 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 07:42:41PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > Am Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:40:02 +0100
> > schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
> >
> > > * point calculating
> > >   At last weekend I made the RAC. On RAC all VE/VA station worth
> > >   10 points, any other does 2 points. My config was:
> > >
> > >   COUNTRYLIST=VE
> > >   TWO_POINTS
> > >   COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS=10
> > >   (and there is a file with name VE, which contains all canadian
> > >   prefixes)
> > >
> > >   but Tlf count 2 points for all stations. So I modified the
> > >   src/score.c: now if COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS set up, the affected
> > >   stations worth really that points, any other does what operator
> > >   set it up (depends ONE_POINT, TWO_POINTS or THREE_POINTS).

As I see it the ONE/TWO/THREE_POINT keyword was not designed to be
combined with other keywords, e.g. the COUNTRY_LIST one. And there are
some more scoring keywords going into the same category.

In the past keywords got just added if new contest rules came up. And
we did not care enough to make them work together.

I would suggest a different solution to the problem you had with the
contest rules, which  may lead us to a somewhat simpler scoring logic.

We have a second set of keywords to define the scoring:
MY_COUNTRY_POINTS, MY_CONTINENT_POINTS and DX_POINTS.

They work very well together with the COUNTRY_LIST scoring. We can
modify parse_config() so that the keyword TWO_POINTS simply sets the
above mentioned variables to 2 and drop the 'two_point' handling
completely from the score() function. Same goes for ONE_POINT and
THREE_POINT.

I will prepare a patch for testing.

What do you think?

73, de Tom DL1JBE.