tjais-dev

[dgAIS] web service single-sign-on identity module(s)

From: david nicol
Subject: [dgAIS] web service single-sign-on identity module(s)
Date: 24 Dec 2003 21:08:11 -0600

I have revised the AIS client module and the new version
is driving the signin of the tool at

http://tipjar.com/rcgi/featurematrix/matrix

(the new code is more robust than the old, which would do
endless loops if you didn't have cookies on.)

my question for module authors list is, what is a good
interface for letting the identity out?

Here is what I'm going with at the current time:

        use AISclient (optional parameters);

you put that line near the beginning of your one-off CGI and
it either exits or you get a valid e-mail address imported into
your package in a variable called $AIS_IDENTITY and a persistent
stash for any use called %AIS_STASH

I would like to hear from people who use idenity and session modules
in web services about what interfaces they like, if there is a de-facto
standard interface that it would be good to mimick.

Another issue is how much data about the identities to collect and
distribute with each sign-in.  Things like

        firstname
        initial
        lastname
        grooviness rating
        current available buying power

and so on.

I set up a mailing list for discussion of the project at
http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/tjais-dev

David Nicol

After discussion of the interface, I will upload a new AISclient
module to CPAN and the file area for this project on savannah.

--
david nicol
                                     The elves have left the building