Re: [Tinycc-devel] i just can't get over how farging fast tcc is...

From: SebuSoft
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] i just can't get over how farging fast tcc is...
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 16:06:06 +0100

Hi,

I also always thought tcc doesn't optimize the Code as much as the other
Compilers and so the Executables must be significantly slower.

And some of you also posted examples here that are corresponding to this
assumption but have you seen the benchmarks by staalmannen on phoronix.com?

Link to the Thread:
http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?29090-CompilerDeathMatch-surprising-results

The Results shows that the performance of TCC-Compiled Executables is more than
just Comparable to the ones of other Compilers in most Cases it is one of the 5
fastest by for Example the Apache-Benchmark it is the fastest in these
Benchmarks.

There are many result-stages in the Thread so look there for more information
for a quick overview here is one (where there are not as many compilers like in
later ones, but on the later ones you can't see the numbers on the Graphics
anymore)

Link:
http://global.phoronix-test-suite.com/index.php?k=profile&u=staalmannen-1284-1397-9429

I don't really know how the phoronix-test-suite used for these benchmarks so I
don't know how reliable they are, but it was really astonishing!

PS: I just subscribed to this list so i coudn't just reply to the Mail in the
Subject. I hope it lands in the right Thread (don't know the Maillist Software
either)