Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC compile error

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC compile error
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 20:17:36 -0400

On Friday 11 May 2007 10:50 am, Conrado Miranda wrote:

> > >Um, are you saying that reverting to an older version fixed the problem,
> > or
> > >are you saying that you weren't using the current version to begin
> > with?  (I
> > >want to know if there's something for me to fix.)
>

> The tcc I downloaded from
> http://landley.net/hg/tinycc?ca=8fa1af332910;type=gz didn't work (that was
> the first one I tried). Then you told me to download this version (
> http://landley.net/hg/tinycc?cs=7b0992df204d) and it worked very well, after
> I did some patching that I found on the list (somebody solved this
> problem... ty for that person too :D).

Ok, so the current version didn't work but a very old version did.  So there
was a regression at some point.  It would be nice to track it down.

> I don't know which one of this is the last version, but I think it's the
> first one, as I found it in an e-mail of the list.
>
> >> I had some problem with pthreadtypes.h but I found how to solve on the
> > list.
> >
> > >What problem?  Is it one that's already solved in newer versions of the
> > >repository?
>

> It isn't solved in that last version you gave me, but the bug was posted on
> the list and is already solved, not within tcc, but manually. This is the
> link to the e-mail
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00675.html (and you
> have answered that one too).

I replied to that thread, and the guy replied back that using my version
instead of what was in CVS at the time worked for him:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tinycc-devel%40nongnu.org/msg00683.html

Could you re-test the current version and confirm that you're seeing the
problem?  This problem was _fixed_.  I don't know how you're seeing it in a
current version, but since you are I would like to track it down.

> I found that the person that wrote the e-mail
> also had the same problem I did, but I didn't searched before =// I'll try
> the last version (http://landley.net/code/tinycc/tinycc-snapshot.tbz) as I
> get home and tell you what's wrong (if anything is xD).

Um, tinycc-shapshot.tbz is totally obsolete and I forgot that was even up.
That's an old copy I sent to Fabrice last year when I was still trying to get
him to put more time into tinycc.  I should take it down.

> >> Ty man and everybody that puts time on tcc :D
> >
> > >You're welcome,
> >
> > >Rob

Rob