RE: [Tinycc-devel] .rept .endr support

From: Marc E. Fiuczynski
Subject: RE: [Tinycc-devel] .rept .endr support
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:03:17 -0500

Hi Fabrice,

In the 2.6 kernel there is a .rept in arch/i386/kernel/entry.S.

Before I jump into compiling the kernel with tcc, I need to learn more about
the types of problems that I might run into.  I noticed that you changed a
few "g=" to "r=" in inline asm code. Why and what does that really mean?
Also, there was some typesystem problem with using ?: statements, which you
expanded out manually. What would have to change inside the compiler to
handle those correctly?

Marc