[Tinycc-devel] .rept .endr support

From: Marc E. Fiuczynski
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] .rept .endr support
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:22:36 -0500

Hi,

I read with great interest about tccboot and the ability to compile the
linux kernel quickly with tcc. There were a few mods required to the 2.4.26
kernel to get it to compile with tcc. One of them was .rept and .endr
support.

As I'd like to start playing with tcc, I was thinking about adding such
support myself as a contribution back to your project. I started to hack in
support for rept/endr support into tccasm.c:asm_parse_directive().
Specifically, I was thinking of simply creating a BufferedFile object that
captured the code between the .rept and .endr asm directives, and then cause
tcc to process this N times as specified by .rept.  Would that be a viable
approach?

Thanks,
Marc