[Texmacs-dev] questions about sessions

From: A . G . Grozin
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] questions about sessions
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 18:26:03 +0700 (NOVT)

Hello *,

A few stupid questions, sorry.

1. Many plugins have files
.../plugins/foo/packages/session/foo.ts
which define foo-prompt, foo-input, foo-output (or a subset thereof). I suppose this foo.ts is automatically loaded when starting a foo session, right? Are these macros somehow used automatically by the session?

I experimented a bit and found that, if I define a foo-prompt macro, I can use it via

[02]prompt#[02]scheme:(foo-prompt "my_prompt")[05][05]

(in pnambic notation; [02] and [05] are DATA_BEGIN and DATA_END).
Is there a simpler way?

2. In most plugins, definitions of foo-input and foo-output contain generic-input and generic-output. What are they?

3. What foo-input (having 2 parameters: prompt and body) is supposed to do?

What I want is to do minimal modification to foo CAS, so that instead of
<prompt>
it prints
<prompt_prefix> <prompt> <prompt_suffix>
(where, of course, <prompt_prefix> contains [02] and other stuff, and <prompt_suffix> contains [05]). These prefix and suffix should be short and generic; all typesetting information (prompt color, font, etc.) should be not in the CAS code, but in the style file foo.ts. Then it's much easier to modify such detains. The shortest way I found so far is, as I said,

<prompt_prefix> = [02]prompt#[02]scheme:(foo-prompt "
<prompt_suffix> = ")[05][05]

Is there anything better and shorter?

The same goes for input and output - their color etc. should be in foo.ts, not in the CAS code which produces this output. Right?

Thanks in advance,
Andrey