Re: [Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups

From: Victor Porton
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:11:47 +0300

Dear Joris,

29.11.10, 19:07, "Joris van der Hoeven" <address@hidden>:
>  Thanks for your first try to improve the preferences.
>  In fact, we rather planned to develop a preferences dialogue,
>  with tabs for the different option groups (plus explanations).

This my code should work equally well with a preferences dialogue as it works
with preferences menu.

>  On the other hand, one global preferences file should be fine for the moment;
>  I do not think that we need the far-going kind of granularity that you
> propose.
>  That said: being able to save the preferences to some user-specified file
>  would probably be nice.

I agree that "being able to save the preferences to some user-specified file
would probably be nice."

But my code does a different thing, it saves a subset of preferences.

Joris, do you mean that you do not want to accept my patch?!

If so, I will need to maintain my own version of TeXmacs, because I need this
feature for my own use.

I believe that ability to save all LaTeX export preferences and restore them
with one click is a very useful feature.

If you decline, please arguably argument why you don't accept it.

In any case, I myself will work with TeXmacs only with my patch. It would be
inconvenient to do this manually. I prefer if the patch would be included into
the official version and available in Debian GNU/Linux.