[Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups

From: Victor Porton
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:58:55 +0300

http://savannah.gnu.org is currently down. So I submit my patch to the list.

http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/patches/texmacs-optgroups.diff

This patch addes what I call "option groups". An option group consists of a
subset of TeXmacs preferences (for example, all LaTeX copnversion options). It
allows quickly retrieve a set of options for a particular mode of operation.
For example, we need different option groups for saving LaTeX to send it to a
math journal and for copying it to clipboard in order to insert in a blog. So
my patch allows to quickly switch between modes.

As for now, there exists one option group "to-latex". More option groups can be
added easily.

My implementation of option group menus works, but I'm sure I've done it wrong
(despite it works for now). Who knows how to program it in the right way, let
he notify me for me to see how it is done correctly.

Joris van der Hoeven:
<<<
The dynamic menus have been reimplemented so as to make them easier to write,
even though no documentation is available yet. 'tm-menu (my-menu)' is equivalent
to 'menu-bind my-menu' for non-dynamic menus, but, contrary to normal menus,
dynamic menus defined using tm-menu can take parameters and there are several
primitives for generating the entries dynamically from Scheme.
Just grep the Scheme code for tm-menu in order to look at the existing
examples...

I don't know how to use both tm-menu and menu-bind. I did it with simple
tm-define (in a wrong but working way). Corrections are appreciated.

P.S. Can I get r/w SVN access?

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org