Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patches: copy/paste and selection handling.

From: Andrea Gamba
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patches: copy/paste and selection handling.
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:05:01 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
The problem is that the fix contains several shell commands to be executed
in order to update the database, so I do not know yet what to do here.
Also, please use another icon for TeXmacs documents,
since they should be distinguished from TeX documents.

Best wishes, Joris

Joris, it would be enough to add the files

/usr/share/mime/packages/texmacs.xml
/usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/mimetypes/text-texmacs.svg

the shell commands

update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
update-desktop-database
gtk-update-icon-cache --force /usr/share/icons/gnome

should be taken care of by the post-installation script in the .deb package:

The needed files can be found here:

https://savannah.gnu.org/file/texmacs.xml?file_id=17944
https://savannah.gnu.org/file/text-texmacs.svg?file_id=17942
I have modified the image to avoid confusion between TeX and TeXmacs.

Andrea