Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reccurrent bug in with TLS data in the static version

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reccurrent bug in with TLS data in the static version
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:23:57 +0200

Felix Breuer wrote:

I also encountered this on ATI systems.

Felix

Joris van der Hoeven schrieb:

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 03:09:47PM +0200, Henri Lesourd wrote:
When running the static version of TeXmacs (1.0.6.11) on Ubuntu, and
when we try to use (gethostbyname), TeXmacs crashes, and we obtain :
[[
cannot handle file 'libc.so.6' with TLS data
]]

This bug is very annoying and appears every now and then.
It seems related to nvidia video cards and somehow independent
>from TeXmacs...

What you say looks really weird : lots of other libc-related
functions in Guile (e.g., opening a file, a socket...) give us
absolutely no problem. Thus we still don't have a convincing
explanation for why it is especially (gethostbyname) that is
behaving this way, and not the stream-related, nor the other
socket/internet-related functions...