Re: [Texmacs-dev] "Minimal" Live CD containing TeXmacs?

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] "Minimal" Live CD containing TeXmacs?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:08:13 -0500

Hi Martin,

I was thinking in something like that for my students (may be I will not have the time in this semester), but I would go to Damn Small Linux. I like its ability to run from Windows, RAM, LiveCD, USB, besides minimalism and being Debian based. Even using Linux inside Windows may open the possibility to run directly other apps using VNC instead of loading the desktop and other stuff.

Cheers,

Offray

Martín Ezequiel Garzón escribió:
Greetings to all,

I know I am pushing this a bit, but just wondering... Does anyone know how to make a "minimal" Linux Live CD (Slackware, Damn Small Linux, Knoppix, etc.) containing TeXmacs and the (minimal) necessary supporting applications? The idea would be to obtain the typesetting capabilities of TeXmacs without, in this case, the CAS (as is the case, for instance, in Chu-Ching Huang's LiveTeXmacs).

In case you are wondering, the goal is not minimality for its own sake but the ability to load the OS onto the RAM of more computers and hence achieve a faster-then-light typesetting experience =P.

Come to think about it... the real question is whether anybody has done it and is willing to share, as a I know remastering and the like are not trivial matters.

Thanks!

Martin

___________________________________

AVISO LEGAL: El presente correo electronico no representa la opinion o el
consentimiento oficial de la PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA. Este mensaje es
confidencial y puede contener informacion privilegiada la cual no puede ser
usada ni divulgada a personas distintas de su destinatario. Esta prohibida la
retencion, grabacion, utilizacion, aprovechamiento o divulgacion con cualquier
proposito. Si por error recibe este mensaje, por favor destruya su contenido y
avise a su remitente.
En este aviso legal se omiten intencionalmente las tildes.

Este mensaje ha sido revisado por un sistema antivirus, por lo que su contenido
esta libre de virus.
This e-mail has been scanned by an antivirus system, so its contents is free of
viruses.