[Texmacs-dev] "Minimal" Live CD containing TeXmacs?

From: Martín Ezequiel Garzón
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] "Minimal" Live CD containing TeXmacs?
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:44:58 +0200

Greetings to all,

I know I am pushing this a bit, but just wondering... Does anyone know how to make a "minimal" Linux Live CD (Slackware, Damn Small Linux, Knoppix, etc.) containing TeXmacs and the (minimal) necessary supporting applications? The idea would be to obtain the typesetting capabilities of TeXmacs without, in this case, the CAS (as is the case, for instance, in Chu-Ching Huang's LiveTeXmacs).

In case you are wondering, the goal is not minimality for its own sake but the ability to load the OS onto the RAM of more computers and hence achieve a faster-then-light typesetting experience =P.

Come to think about it... the real question is whether anybody has done it and is willing to share, as a I know remastering and the like are not trivial matters.

Thanks!

Martin