|Date:||Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:25:48 -0400|
As many of you may know, development on the windows version has continued once again thanks to support from the community.
During the month of september I will be posting updated versions (probably daily) of the wintexmacs distribution. If at all possible, it would be great if some people would volunteer for beta testing. You will be able to find them at:
You will find source and no-source distributions (no-source saves about 5MB of download and alot of disk space).
I have just posted the newest version for testing. There is no installer included, it is just a directory tree. To install, do the following:
1. Unzip the archive.
2. Delete your .TeXmacs directory from "Documents and Settings\[username]" if you have installed a previous version.
3. Go into the directory tree and run "TeXmacs\bin\tmwin.exe"
4. That's all :)
The following features have been added or fixed:
1. Environment Variable issues have been solved. The program now automatically detects if the paths are incorrect and adjusts the systems environment appropriatly. No restart needed (Win2k and above). I have not tested this on earlier versions of windows.
2. Texmacs is now web enabled. Support for HTTP Authentication and ftp also included. Thanks to the fantastic people at Curl for this one.
3. Quite a few bug fixes in paths and a big bug in memcpy routines.
4. Ghostscript is now included in the distribution for printing.
5. Images now work correctly. Support for virtually all image types included postscript files.
6. Help system is fixed.
7. Windows clipboard support
More to come.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|