Re: [Texmacs-dev] Scilab Interface

From: Serge Steer
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Scilab Interface
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:42:02 +0200

> I´m using TeXmacs 1.0.3 but I have a problem with the Scilab interface.
> When I call the scilab session from TeXmacs, the interface is blocked!!!
> and I can´t working Scilab from TeXmacs.  The Scilab version is 2.6-4
> and the OS is Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1 (stable)

What is the interface you are talking about? the TeXmacs one?

The only problem we know is the graphic windows menus whick are
blocked. This a hard point because in TeXmacs scilab is called as a
procedure to eval each instruction. The event loop is runned by Scilab
at the end of each instruction. so if no Scilab instruction is send by
TeXmacs the Scilab Event loop does not loops and the events are not
dispatched. We have to find a way making the Scilab event loop
executed inside TeXmacs (it is just a call to Scilab procedure that
TeXmacs should execute periodically when a Scilab session exist).

I do not know TeXmacs enough to find the proper solution...

--
Serge Steer
Scilab Team
http://www.scilab.org