Translating documentation [was Re: [Texmacs-dev] New versions of TeXmacs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Translating documentation [was Re: [Texmacs-dev] New versions of TeXmacs & style file editing]
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:00:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
> El sáb, 03-04-2004 a las 21:05, Joris van der Hoeven escribió:
> [...]
> > The unstable version contains highly improved support
> > for style file editing and quite a lot of documentation.
>
> I have downloaded and installed the last versión of TeXmacs unstable,
> and I'm trying to find the new documentation to learn and keep the
> spanish translation of documentation up to date, but I can find where
> the old documents have changed or where are the new ones (may be is my
> lack of expertise in CVS to keep me in touch with the new documents). As
> a sugestion wold be nice to have the usual "whats new" document showed
> when a new version is installed (even for whats new in the documentation
> realm).

In priciple, CVS makes it possible to list the differences between
different versions of the documentation: both the files which have
changed and the diffs on each file. I don't remember all commands,
so you would have to check the documentation of CVS. When you know
how to do it, you may want to write a short documentation page
for all others with the same problem.

Of course, I should also notify about the changes I made.
I mainly:

  1) Added a lot of documentation in doc/devel/style.

  2) Added and modified David's documentation on the TeXmacs primitives
     in doc/devel/format (I do not recommend to translate it yet,
     because it is still under development).

  3) Reorganized and modified some of the documentation in
     doc/main/styles. In particular, the contents of the directory
     doc/main/styles/std-dtds have been spread out over several
     other subdirectories of doc/main/styles.

Best wishes, Joris