[Texmacs-dev] Workaround for image problems in ps/pdf export, Benchmarks

From: Stephan Mucha
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Workaround for image problems in ps/pdf export, Benchmarks
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:51:43 +0100

Images
======
The image problems in ps/pdf  reported export by the people at CC list
of this mail are obviously connected with netpbm tools. I encountered
this problems for pnmtops conversions of pixel images with TeXmacs
*and* LaTeX on gv (cygwin) and  Ghostview/Acrobat Reader (Windows):
the images disappear instantly after being showed.

For me, on all these programs ps images of other conversion utilities
worked, on gv at least after clicking "Redisplay" button with the
following change (added -nosetpage option to pnmtops):

\usr\share\TeXmacs\progs\convert\images\init-images.scm, lines 86-90:
(cygwin package 1.0.3.2-2 of Andreas Seidl, path shold be
\usr\local\share\TeXmacs\progs\convert\images\ for build from sources
afaik)

(converter pnm-file postscript-document
  (:require (url-exists-in-path? "pnmtops"))
  (:function (lambda (file)
               (eval-system (string-append "pnmtops -noturn -nosetpage "
                                           (url->string file))))))

Annotation: For me, the margin problems in (manually) ps2pdf-generated
pdf files is also true. report by address@hidden, (forwared
message by Andreas Seidl)

Benchmarks
==========
gooling for scheme benchmarks yield mosty "Gabriel Benchmarks":
ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/scheme-repository/code/misc/gabriel-scm.tar.gz

others are available at e.g.
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/will/Twobit/benchmarks.html

--
Hope this is useful,
Stephan

  Dipl.-Ing. Stephan Mucha
  Tel.:    0341/97-33806
  Fax:     0341/97-33809
  e-mail:  address@hidden

  Universität Leipzig
  Institut für Massivbau und Baustofftechnologie
  Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Nguyen Viet Tue
  Marschnerstrasse 31
  04109 Leipzig