Re: [Texmacs-dev] iconv support on cygwin

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] iconv support on cygwin
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:13:32 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, David Allouche wrote:

> > but I get lots of errors of the following form:
> >
> > Objects/analyze.o(.text+0x4848):analyze.cpp: undefined reference to
> > `std::ios_base::Init::Init[in-charge]()'
>
> One thing for sure: that is not a iconv-related problem. There is no use
> of iconv in analyze.cpp. This is just a collection of self-containing
> string handling functions, mostly NIH but nothing weird.
>
> This is clearly a compiler problem, maybe something is wrong with
> libc++.

Yesterday I finally realized what the problem was: from version 3.2 to 3.3
cygwin's gcc package was split up into several packages. So after
downgrading and upgrading some of the g++ related files were missing.
Reinstalltion of gcc-g++ solved these undefined references problems.

So the new version 1.0.3.3 compiles nicely now, up to the following:

configure: WARNING: using g++ 3.*, optimize without inline by default
Info: resolving _scm_freelist by linking to __imp__scm_freelist
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _scm_master_freelist by linking to
__imp__scm_master_freelist (a
uto-import)
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot
find -lutil
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: [bin/tm_r] Error 1 (ignored)