Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for version 1.0.1.15

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for version 1.0.1.15
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:03:46 +0200

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:37:38PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > :-( the current error reporting does not work with recent guile
> > versions. And doing error reporting _right_ and _portably_ is not a
> > trivial problem.
>
> Seems rather trivial: just check the guile version and
> use the corresponding format for the error strings.

I would not do it that way. That would require making this test for
every error message. This would introduce too much redundancy.

Essentially, I think the _right_ solution would be to use a "portable"
format string syntax inside TeXmacs and use wrappers to the error
functions which convert the format string to the correct syntax for
this version of guile.

Probably the format string syntax should be srfi-28.
  http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-28/srfi-28.html

--
                                                            -- ddaa