Re: [Texmacs-dev] latex-needs patch

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] latex-needs patch
Date: 12 May 2003 09:00:26 -0600

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 08:17, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

                                      %
>       (drd-group latex-wasy-symbol
>         agemO APLbox APLcomment ...)
>
>       (drd-rules
>         ((latex-symbol% 'x) (latex-wasy-symbol% 'x))
>         ((latex-needs% 'x "wasysym") (latex-wasy-symbol% 'x)))

But what about latex-ams-symbol% and latex-stmary-symbol% ?  And how
would we reference these rules ? (drd-ref ...) ?  I guess I don't know
enough about DRDs.

OK, I will re-work the patch with (drd-group ...)

> Notice that we might have to add a function which finds the *list* of
> packages needed by a symbol (or command) instead of *the* package.
> This should not be hard to do with the DRD stuff. Alternatively,
> the right-hand side of latex-needs% may be a list, as you do.

Exactly. I was thinking about whether to turn the RHS into a list, or
whether to only turn it into a list when it's necessary, and then do

(let ((drdval (drd-ref %latex-needs something)))
     (if (list? drdval) ...
         ...))

Unfortunately, this may cause many of these (if (list? drdval) ... )
lines to crop up all over the file, so I decided it would be more
consistent, and more reflective of the workings of TeXmacs to have a RHS
that is a list.

> Do you have a christmas tree TeXmacs file (or several ones)?
> This would be very useful indeed...

I suppose I could make one ... heck, this could be a project in itself.

> > As well, as I mentioned before, I couldn't find any of these
> > environments:
> >
> > descriptionaligned
> > descriptiondash
> > descriptionlong
> >
> > Perhaps they require their own \newcommand{...}{...} preamble.
>
> Yes they do. By the way, we should one day put those \newcommands in
> a DRD of TeXmacs-LaTeX-extensions (so that much of tmtex-preamble.scm
> will disappear).

As the Hungarians would say: "This is the future's music." - the near
future, though :o)