Re: [Texmacs-dev] Metapost labels

From: bump
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Metapost labels
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:10:25 -0700

Joris wrote:

> Maybe that TeXmacs suppresses some of the comments
> which are necessary for the automatic generation of
> the fonts? Isn't there are a tool around which transforms
> these dynamic fonts into bitmap fonts or something
> else non virtual?

I don't think this is the problem. TeXmacs isn't
suppressing anything. Rather it is omitting to generate
bitmaps for the label fonts, which dvips does.

I think metapost generated encapsulated postscript files
containing labels are not really useable except with dvips.

And yes, fortunately a tool exists. See:

http://www.ida.liu.se/~joned/download/mps2eps/

This script cleverly uses dvips to get the bitmap fonts
into an eps file starting with metapost output. By
running his script you get .eps files that work fine with
TeXmacs.

Dan