Re: [Texmacs-dev] Win32 Experimental Version

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Win32 Experimental Version
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:07:15 +0200 (CEST)

> You can distribute it anywhere you like, but please note that it is
> nowhere near stable quality and still has many issues.  I am simply just
> displaying to you what I have done so far, so I do not want to anger
> anyone when it crashes on them. :)

Good; I will put all development stuff in

        ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/dev

I am currently uploading texmacs.rar,
but this will probably take a few hours.

> It should also be noted that this version is guaranteed to work on
> Windows 2000/XP, as for earlier versions, it has not been tested and
> may not work.

I only have a Windows 98 around, but I can ask whether there
is an accessible machine at my university with Windows 2000.
What is the probably that the program works with Windows 98 too?

> Sorry about the download speed.  My ISP likes to cap my bandwidth.

No problem; I can put your files on texmacs.org. If you prefer,
we might also create a CVS project for porting TeXmacs to Windows
on Savannah.

> Last night I solved some issues to do with font compiling/loading with
> the MikTex package.  This change is not reflected however in the version
> available for download.

It would probably be good to separate the MikTeX part from the rest:
MikTeX is very big in size and, hopefully, little changes will
be necessary in its installer soon. Also, I hope to implement TrueType
font support later this year, which would allow using TeXmacs without
TeX (if you don't need beautiful math fonts).

> I am working on this as much as I can in my spare time right now.  I
> hope to get this to beta stage soon, but it may take longer as I have
> quite a few other demands on my time.

Well, it is already great that you have got something which works;
I will do my best to try it as soon as possible.