Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: presentation mode bugs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: presentation mode bugs
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:28:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Stéphane Payrard wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:58:06PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> >
> > No problem, either Gtk or Qt will be fine.
> > Did you consider porting to Gdk first?
> >

> I know we will need it, notably for the Windows port.

And for other reasons from my message a few days ago.

> But right now, I am more concerned by the more higher level issue to
> have a high-level toolkit for improving the TeXmacs user interface
> and using TeXmacs as a widget.
>
> Anyway, I am concerned by Gdk because the event model has been moved
> down that level. That means an adaptation of POE to hook at that level.

I know that the high-level part is more exciting for you, but I think
that you will be more efficient if you start with the low-level part.
Also, reasonably speaking, the high-level part can only be included
in the main distribution, when the low-level part has been finished.
Unfortunately, in most large programs, there is at most 50% interesting
code and at least 50% boring code...