[Texmacs-dev] Current work, nogencc and tree in generic programming

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Current work, nogencc and tree in generic programming
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:18:45 +0200

While you were away, I ported TeXmacs to plain C++. See:
http://ddaa10.free.fr/texmacs/patch/1.0.0.1
The release 1.0.0.1-nogencc-0.5 is functionnaly equivalent to the official
1.0.0.1 release, but the compilation and installation system is broken:
currently it only allows MIXED compilation and is only tested on
i386-gnu-linux.

By the way, I do not really see the use of the DYNAMIC compilation style. And
I think that, by default, TeXmacs should be compiled with -O2 optimization
since that brings a good 30% speed-up.

I am currently working on the ttree structure. I am porting most of the code
of the tree class into a new base template class basic_tree<tree_traits>.
This additional genericity should help reduce the amount of code duplication
in tree, ttree and rewriter for no runtime cost.
--

                                  -- David --