Re: [5306] describe form feed processing

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [5306] describe form feed processing
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:18:27 GMT

    mostly means that if they are the first space or the second after a
    punctuation they are kept, otherwise they are not kept.

I see.  How does this sound, then (not committed yet)?

  Output as-is between paragraphs (their most common use) or after
  punctuation; in other contexts, they may be treated as regular spaces
  (and thus consolidated with surrounding whitespace).

I don't see any overwhelming need to change the behavior in these fringe
cases, or describe them 100% precisely.  Especially since form feeds
were never even mentioned before.

Thanks,