Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 01:00:24 +0200

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 09:00:22PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> I could add a special container if 'empty_line' is not correct, I'll see
> with the different backends.

Here is what I have done:

* in Docbook remove all the ^L as they are not allowed in XML.
* in HTML ignore form feed when they are mixed with ignored spaces (for
  example in @footnote{ ^L blah} @email{^L ggg@@truc, ^L machin ^L}.
  Otherwise protect it as a numerical entity
* in XML keep it everywhere.  In attribute escape \ as \\, ^L as \f and
  end of line as \n.
* In Info output the form feeds wherever they are, including in ignored
  spaces.

Does it looks good?

--
Pat