Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 17:23:16 -0600

    but complains with:
    Runaway argument?

Ah yes.  So fine, let the discrepancy between the processors stand.

    Do you really want something different from ^L being considered as a
    regular space by the Parser?

No, I don't want something different.  That's what I was trying to say,
that it's fine for you to consider it a regular space (and/or do
whatever else), even though TeX does not treat it precisely that way.

The only practical case is where we started, in normal text:

... foo.
^L
Bar ...

If that starts a new paragraph in the normal way in the output,
I am happy.  The behavior in all other cases can be whatever is
convenient.

    I think that it is better not to d an empty paragraph in those cases,

Agreed.  TeX doesn't necessarily create empty paragraphs either.

    but should the spaces with ^L that ends up in ignorable space text
    container be tagged especially?

The only reason I can think of to do so is if we want to be able to
recreate the input, ^L's and all.  I'm not sure if that's a goal of
yours.  It's not critical IMHO.  Or maybe you've solved it another way.