Re: @smallindentedblock, etc.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: @smallindentedblock, etc.
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 23:23:44 GMT

    In HTML, @format is in <pre>
      while @flushleft is simply in a <p align="left">.
    In Info the spaces are kept as is in @format,
      but processed as if it was in a paragraph in @flushleft.

I see.  In TeX, leading spaces are not ignored and multiple spaces are
not collapsed ... in either environment.  (This is true for all the
line-for-line environments, I believe.)  I suppose it isn't worth
worrying about the discrepancy; your distinction rather makes sense, but
I'd be leery of changing the TeX output of @flushleft now ....  That
aspect of the behavior has never been documented, at any rate.

At any rate, I just checked in the @indentedblock definitions to
texinfo.tex.  I think we might finally be ready for an initial pretest,
once @smallindentedblock is there in makeinfo?

Thanks,