sysvinit-devel

[sysvinit-devel] sysvinit-2.88dsf: timeout opening/writing control chann

From: Guido Trentalancia
Subject: [sysvinit-devel] sysvinit-2.88dsf: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:42:20 +0200

Hello.

I was trying to re-install sysvinit, but unfortunately I am hitting a problem related to the init FIFO.

Basically after re-installing it, init is getting stuck at boot with the following error message:

telinit: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl

After reading several online bug reports, it seems that this is a well known problem, however I have not found a clear and widely accepted solution to this problem yet, so I was wondering whether anybody on this list already came up with one...

Thanks for your time.

Guido